The Chef Manager is responsible for delivering a high-quality standard of food preparation and production for the café and other catering service offers. The café at Great Tapestry of Scotland will showcase freshly produced light meals and baked goods for visitors. The role is integral to the commercial and operational success of the café and the postholder requires to follow all operational and safety procedures to support this delivery. The Chef Manager is responsible for the overall management of the operation and for supervision and correct briefing of staff.
Duties include: Food Preparation and Planning Responsibilities:
- Lead on menu development and innovation in all food offers
- Ensure seasonality in menus and a variety of choice for the range of customers at GTOS
- Develop and monitor supply chain to ensure excellent quality and consistency of product; following best practice and systems in purchasing
- Monitor food cost, control food waste and manage discrepancies in gross profit achievement
- Preparation of all fresh baked goods and other foods on a daily basis, delivering all food production requirements at the required level and to a consistent standard
- Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence
- Ensure staff are briefed about menus, allergens and other relevant information
- Develop menus as required for private hires and events
- Responsible for ordering all food and non-consumable items for the café
Systems and Processes – Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day kitchen administration ensuring systems compliance
- Lead on food safety in the kitchen in line with current legislation; ensure completion of daily and other due diligence requirements
- Oversee kitchen Health and Safety requirements, in accordance with risk assessments and in line with current legislation
- Oversee kitchen maintenance requirements
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning duties are undertaken and due diligence paperwork completed
- Responsible for the control of stock rotation and wastage.
- Provide relevant and adequate training to serving staff to allow them to prepare food in postholder’s absence
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues within the organization.
- Ensure that services are delivered with a customer focused ethos.
- Follow and develop cost controls and standard recipes
- Maintain effective stock control, placing orders, logging deliveries and carrying out stock checks
- Review sales, prices and suppliers regularly.
- Represent the company internally and externally e.g. at networking events, meetings, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile
- Comply with, and ensure compliance with, all policies and procedures
- Ensure services meet Health and Safety standards established by the company
- As an employee you must take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself, other employees and anyone else who may be affected by your work activities. Employees shall work in accordance with policies, procedures, information, instructions and / or training received
- This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibility associated with the job. It is not exhaustive and there may be a requirement to undertake such other duties as may be required to meet the needs of the company
Xpress Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with Xpress Recruitment will need to provide proof of identity, eligibility to work in UK and any relevant qualifications and references.